𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘𝗦 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗘𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗦𝗘𝗟𝗙 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗢𝗜𝗦𝗘!
The internet is ALWAYS trying to sell you on the next shiny thing!
In the book space that shiny object is eBooks and Audiobooks...
But is this the best route?
Let's let the statistics speak for themselves...
IN 2019 TOTAL ANNUAL BOOK REVENUE FROM ALL MEDIA TYPES WAS $26BILLION.
Media Type Breakdown:
Print Books: $22.6 Billion
eBooks: $2.04 Billion
Audiobooks: $2.9 Billion
Print book sales went up by 8.2%
Print book sales went up 18.5%
I think it is clear what media type is, always has been, and always will be selling the best?
𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘋𝘢𝘯, 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘩-𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘷𝘺, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴!
Print Book Youth Movement...
One of the main reasons physical books are here to stay is because the next generation of readers has already embraced them.
Studies by 𝘗𝘦𝘸 𝘙𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘩 𝘊𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸;
‣ 81% of people aged 18-29 read a book last year
‣ 72% of people aged 30-49 read a book last year
‣ 67% of people aged 50-64 read a book last year
‣ 68% of people aged 65 and older read a book last year
‣ 62% of 16 to 24-year-olds preferred print books to e-books
‣ 74% of 18 to 29-year-olds preferred physical books to e-books
‣ Only 4% of children’s fiction was published in digital formats in the past year
While the world has been running off towards the next shiny object, my team and my students have been focusing on the single biggest media source, physical book sales, we take it a step further and also focus n the best-selling books of all time, Public Domain!
The lesson here is, not all progress is as it seems, not all new shiny methods are the way forward, the internet will try and sell you on the "New Method" when you should be focusing on the old.
If you are ready to find success in your business, stop making business decisions based on emotions, and focus on the data to propel yourself into the success you seek, then hit that button below and lets have a chat.